You may be facing an error or timeout because of the following reasons:
- You are getting rate limited on your current plan, and may want to consider scaling your plan to one with higher rate limits and call credits.
- You do not have the correct authentication credentials or API key.
- You are calling an incorrect root URL. If you’re on the CoinGecko API paid plan, ensure that you're calling the correct root URL ‘pro-api.coingecko.com’, not api.coingecko.com. Read more: https://apiguide.coingecko.com/getting-started/authentication
- Your configuration settings may be set differently. If the API requests work on other instances but not on the problematic one, review the configuration settings and ensure it matches the configuration on instances where API requests are successful.
Before submitting a support request, we recommend performing the following checks to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:
- Review any error codes or messages you received. You can refer to our error code documentation here: https://apiguide.coingecko.com/getting-started/error-and-rate-limit
- Check the status of CoinGecko’s services by visiting https://status.coingecko.com/. If there’s no reported service outage, proceed with further troubleshooting.
- If you encounter errors or timeouts on your production server, try making the same API request on your staging server, local machine, or different machines with different IP addresses.
If you're still unable to resolve the issues above, please submit a support request by including the following details:
- Your CoinGecko API account email.
- The API endpoint called, and the full error response.
- Is the error only happening to a single endpoint?
- Is the error consistent or on/off?
- Is the error occurring across all machines?
- Do you have a Ray ID or IP Address that you can share?